Saturday, October 05, 2013

Later, Gator

I turned my back on being a vegetarian for the four days I was in New Orleans. Basically, this  meant I had shrimp once and oyster twice. The thought of alligator meat, however chicken-like it's rumoured to be, still turns my stomach. I guess I am not a true meat-eater. Huh.

*

The turn-off into the Barataria Swamp Tour has a sign that says 'PARK & PRESERVE'. I assumed these words were verbs and was rather puzzled by them until I realised that they were being used as nouns. Then it made sense. Or not.

*

This is a photo post. The words will come later.

I. Another Pichavaram

Pichavaram in another country

Spanish Moss

Eerie Ent

II. Louisiana Story: Oil

Sentinel


Remaindered 


III. And Gators (In Captivity & Otherwise)

Heads 

Tails 
and then there were four
teeth 
churning 
Marshmallow Gator King




IV. Baby Gator 

Baby 
*

I'm travelling again Monday, so more silence is expected from this blog. But soon there will be time, there will be time.

Or so I keep telling myself.

4 comments:

??! said...

I'd love to say "As long as you're back, a little silence is ok", but I dare not chide others for not blogging. Yet.

km said...

Close-up pictures of baby gators? Must you? Really?

Space Bar said...

??!: Don't worry - I won't go that silent either!

km: what - now all reptiles are unacceptable? It was such a cute baby gator. So dry also. Not creepy at all, not slimy or anything.

??! said...

km: So ... you've never watched Jurassic Park huh? Or Crocodile Dundee. Or Lake Placid. Or Snakes on a Plane. Or Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Or Shaan. Or Peter Pan!