Monday, March 12, 2012

Wish me luck, admiral


Wish Me Luck
           Leonard Cohen from Book of Longing       

a fresh spiderweb
billowing
like a spinnaker
across the open window
and here he is
the little master
sailing by
on a thread of milk
wish me luck
admiral
I haven’t finished anything
in a long time

*
Haven't finished anything and worse - haven't begun anything - in a long time. Not sure what I need is luck; but who needs luck when there is longing?

Or so I tell myself. Glad to have Leonard by my bedside for now. The sketches are also lovely.

 

2 comments:

Cheshire Cat said...

You shouldn't be beginning anything before you finish something

Prithvi Chandrasekhar said...

Who needs luck when there is longing? Who needs to start or finish anything either, as long as there is longing.