Friday, September 02, 2011

Hello, September!

Why I am happy:

The millipedes have arrived. Three days ago,we found the the first crowd, blind, brown and squirming. Today they have begun to scatter. This proves that the monsoon has postponed its true arrival to August.

There is music*. MS, to be precise, singing Annamayya.

These things I can talk about.

__


*For a long time there wasn't. It seemed like a violation to have music on. (I know that sounds blasphemous and treasonous, but I meant only that the silence sounded better.) Now I realise there was a particular kind of music we were looking for.

1 comment:

Ramya Sriram said...

Ha! I got here searching for the Srinivas Rayaprol Poetry Prize. And what a coincidence, but I saw tons of millipedes this morning during my morning jog :) And I felt this secret thrill.