Saturday, May 29, 2010

Poem in Mint

Disclaimer: I am not a Sahitya Akademi Award winner. I was just published by them three years ago.

Also, (and it's hard to say this without sounding ungracious, but I must say it) when you read the poem, please separate the lines into quatrains and a closing couplet.

I'm hoping it's all different in the paper itself.

**

There's another poem elsewhere, but I won't link to it at all because not only has the formatting been ruined, it's also been credited (on the main page) to someone else! Much annoyance.

5 comments:

Falstaff said...

If it's any consolation, they (Mint) did the same thing to me the first time around. And then, to make up for it, they never put the second poem of mine they published online at all.

You could at least tell us where the other poem is.

Aditi said...

They didn't put my poem online either, but CC sent me a copy of the paper and it was fine in print. (They placed it next to an interview with China Mieville, so I was extra happy. Plus, I've never been in a newspaper before.)

Space Bar said...

same story, huh? that makes me feel (slightly) better.

Banno said...

Despite all your woes, it's a lovely poem. Also helps me a lot, since I'm much like the man lying awake waiting for tomorrow.

sumana001 said...

I like "javelin voices".
Nice.