Friday, May 16, 2008

lazy swar's tag

Not sure who tagged Swar but since she has rather cheekily tagged me in the comment space, I can't resist doing this one.*

Here what I need to do:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

[from Alison Croggon's blog.]

And voila!

1. Snow Country and A Thousand Cranes by Yasunari Kawabata.

2. Right. Done. Thank god I picked a book that has a 123 pages.

3 & 4.

'...From the day it was born it would drink there; and from the day it began to see, it would see that ugly mark on its mother's breast. Its first impression of the world, its first impression of its mother, would be that ugly birthmark, and there the impression would be, through the child's whole life.'


'Oh? But isn't that inventing worries?'

5. Whoever wants to take this up.

Scarred for life. No compensation. And all that sort of thing. Speaking of 'thing', please note the use of 'it' and 'its' through the three sentences.

*This does not mean, however that I will automatically take up tags because they appear in the comment space.





5 comments:

Fëanor said...

Gee, this is intriguing enough to do, what?

dipali said...

My favourite Kawabata was The Sound of the Mountain- you brought back memories:)
Interesting idea.

Space Bar said...

Feanor: Do it, no?

Dipali: I haven't read that one. Should try and find it somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I ain't lazy. I am just me-blog-depressed.

Space Bar said...

swar: ayyo. another depressed soul. post here in the comments section!